Thanks to Jihad Watch via Understanding The Threat (UTT)
UTT Initial Report: Boulder Colorado Shooting on 3/22/21
Attack: 10 people were shot and killed at the King Soopers Grocery Store in Boulder, Colorado on Monday March 22, 2021 at approximately 2:30 PM MST. Police arrested the lone gunman on site and identified him as Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa, a U.S. citizen born in Syria.
False Narrative: Alissa’s family has publicly stated Alissa has mental health issues and is paranoid. This narrative has been utilized by family members of jihadis in many of the jihadi attacks in Europe and in the United States for the past 20 years. UTT assesses this is a deception meant to take the focus off normative and universally taught Islamic doctrine which commands muslims to wage war against non-muslims until the world is under the rule of “allah’s divine law”/sharia in an Islamic State (caliphate).
UTT’s Assessment: The attack in Boulder, Colorado was an act of jihad by Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa. Alissa was likely taught and trained in the local Boulder area by organizations acting as a part of the hostile North American Islamic Movement. This network is allowed to operate because local and state police agencies, as well as the FBI, have no knowledge nor understanding of the doctrine, network, and modus operandi of these hostile actors and organizations nor the grave danger they pose to the communities they have a duty to protect.
Details: Alissa’s own writings reveal he is a sharia adherent muslim. His numerous writings on Facebook and elsewhere reveal he is committed to Islam and its doctrinal teachings. On December 18, 2018 Alissa posted the following on his Facebook page: “Muslims might not be perfect but Islam is.” On May 7, 2019, Alissa posted “So Mary wears a hijab and Jesus doesn’t eat pork and prays on his knees and hands. There (sic) both Muslims it’s obvious.” See the screen capture below.
[Note: Alissa attended Arvarda West High School, the same high school in Boulder attended by Shannon Maureen Conley, who was arrested in April 2014 charged with providing material support to a foreign terrorist organization – the Islamic State (ISIS)]
Ahmad was allegedly known by the FBI because he was linked to another individual under investigation by the bureau. Investigative journalist and Congressional candidate Laura Loomer reported this evening that a law enforcement source told her Alissa killed the people in the name of ISIS (Islamic State).
The only mosque publicly listed in Boulder, Colorado is the Islamic Center of Boulder (ICB), located at 5495 Baseline Road. If Alissa attended this mosque, he was likely taught that jihad is obligatory for all muslims until sharia is the law of the land. He also may have been encouraged to take the violent actions he did in Boulder.
Key Information About the Islamic Center of Boulder (ICB)
1. A cursory review of the teachings of the ICB quickly reveals this mosque teaches that Muslims are obliged to wage war against non-Muslims until an Islamic State is established under Islamic Law/sharia. The ICB website states: “Following the Sunnah of the Prophet is a fundamental part of Islam.” The most authoritative biography of Islam’s prophet Mohammad in Islam is the Sirat Rasool Allah, which states Mohammad: married a 6 year old girl; participated in beheading up to 900 Jews after the Battle of the Trench; participated in torture; took sex slaves; and many other such things, to include telling the Muslim community Allah commands Muslims to wage war on non-Muslims until they convert to Islam or, in the case of Jews, Christians and Zoroastrians, submit to Islamic Law and pay the non-Muslim poll tax. This is the “example” the Islamic Center of Boulder commands its attendees to follow.
2. The ICB website “Donate” page details the obligatory requirements for all Muslims to give to “Zakat ul-Fitr.” The language on the website is in line with sharia on these matters, specifically Reliance of the Traveller: Islamic Sacred Law, Book H (Zakat), h7. It should be noted sharia mandates that 1/8 of all Zakat collected must go to “Islamic Military Operations,” which is legally defined under U.S. Code as “terrorism.”
3. The ICB website contains a Code of Conduct. Paragraph 8 of the Code of Conduct for the ICB states that groups staying overnight inside the mosque must receive permission of the ICB’s Executive Council, and specifically lists “Tableeghi Jammah.” Tableeghi Jammah provides the doctrinal underpinnings for jihadis/“terrorists” around the United States and beyond. The Tableeghi members travel in small groups going to mosques around the United States and help ensure mosque members understand and adhere to Islamic sharia.
4. The Islamic Center of Boulder works with known hostile jihadi organizations including the Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA) and its affiliates. Evidence in the largest terrorism financing trial ever successfully prosecuted in American history – US v Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development (“HLF”), Northern District of Texas, 2008 – identifies ICNA as a member of the U.S. Muslim Brotherhood’s network, whose stated goal is the overthrow of the U.S. government and the implementation of an Islamic State under Islamic Law/sharia.
Muslim Brotherhood Properties in Boulder County
A review of Boulder County property records reveals that two properties in the county are owned by the U.S. Muslim Brotherhood’s bank, the North American Islamic Trust (NAIT). Evidence in the largest terrorism financing trial ever successfully prosecuted in American history – US v Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development (“HLF”), Northern District of Texas, 2008 – identifies NAIT as a “Member of the U.S. Muslim Brotherhood” which provided funds directly from its bank accounts to Hamas leaders and organizations overseas. Hamas is designated a Foreign Terrorist Organization (FTO) by the United States government.
Significant Jihadi Infrastructure in Colorado
A snapshot of Colorado reveals there is a significant jihadi (terrorist) network across the state which has been present for decades with little interference from state/local officials or law enforcement. The following organizations primarily present themselves as non-violent community organizations, when in fact they are at the core of the U.S. jihadi Movement:
- The Muslim Students Association (MSA), the first national Islamic organization established in America, is a Muslim Brotherhood organization whose goal is identical to that of Al Qaeda and the Islamic State (formerly ISIS). MSA chapters are present on every major college/university campus in Colorado.
- Hamas, doing business as the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR), has at least one office in Colorado.
- The Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA), and their affiliates including Islamic Relief, have offices in Colorado.
- Numerous properties across Colorado are owned by the North American Islamic Trust (NAIT), the bank for the U.S. Muslim Brotherhood, which has directly funded Hamas terrorist organizations and leaders.
- The Muslim Brotherhood’s Muslim American Society (MAS) has at least one office in Colorado.
- The Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), identified in the US v HLF trial as a Muslim Brotherhood organization which funds the terrorist group Hamas and its subsidiaries have chapters across Colorado, including the Islamic Society of Colorado Springs and the Denver Islamic Society.
Significant Historical Terrorism Cases in Colorado
Conclusion: As has been seen in numerous cases prior to and after the attacks on 9/11/01, jihad attacks inside the United States are supported by a massive jihadi infrastructure present in America, which includes the most prominent Islamic organizations and a majority of the mosques educating, training, and supporting jihadis in their efforts. By and large, the Islamic community protects these individuals, as we have seen in cases in Europe and the United States. The lack of understanding of the doctrine, networks, and modus operandi of the U.S. Islamic Movement and its close coordination with the Communist Movement continues to produce absurd investigative conclusions which can never lead to the root of the matter, because leaders in the political and law enforcement realms are unwilling to address these threats. There is no understanding of the gravity of these threats inside the U.S. security apparatus at any level. Ahmad Alissa is a jihadi who was likely trained in Colorado to do what normative and universally accepted Islamic doctrine teaches. There are tens of thousands more like him across the United States.
This report is published by Understanding the Threat (UTT) and UTT gives permission for other outlets to reproduce this material for the benefit and security of the American people.